We consider regular attendance and punctuality to be very important. We have attentive and caring staff who encourage these good habits. Our electronic registration system allows us to monitor student attendance lesson by lesson.
We want our students to make the very most of their time at Netherhall. Parents are therefore advised to avoid taking family holidays in term-time as this can cause a lot of disruption in a child’s learning. Please note that only the Principal can authorise such absences and requests need to be made in writing.
What should I do if my child is away from school?
We greatly value close communication between school and home. We ask parents to telephone or e-mail to let us know the reason for any absence.
WE ASK STUDENTS;
- To attend school regularly and on time as per timetable timings.
- If arriving late into school for any reason, (medical appointment), sign in at Reception.
- If leaving the school premises during the school day to sign out.
WE ASK PARENTS:
- To contact The Netherhall School (01223 242931 Opt 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.00am on each and every day of a student absence.
- Whenever possible make all medical appointments (Doctors/Dentists/Opticians) outside of school hours.
- Not to plan holidays during term time.
- To ensure that we have the correct contact numbers (home, work, mobile and email) and to notify the school of any changes by contacting the student records by email email@example.com or letter.
WHAT SCHOOL CAN DO
- Endeavour to contact parents of students who are absent, for information regarding the absence, at home or work to confirm Reason for Absence.
- Inform our Local Authority Attendance Officer (LAAO) of any poor attendees who will act accordingly and who may prosecute persistent poor attendees.