Parents & Friends of Netherhall
Welcome to Parents and Friends of Netherhall. We are a group of parents who set up a new Parents and Friends group at the school in September 2017 and are keen to involve as many people as possible that are linked to the main school and The Oakes College. Our aims are to build and support a school community through a variety of social activities, information sharing and through our presence /support for important school events. Whilst it is not a major element to our aims, raising funds is something that we are proud and happy to do where possible. We are registered with the PTA UK and have a committee voted for at our AGM in. We always aim to have a few key events throughout the school year with a variety of themes that we hope appeal to as many people as possible. Check out the school Newsletters and look out for ‘In-Touch’ emails for information.
Examples of social and information sharing activities linked to PAFN
Termly members meetings plus an AGM – open to all:
- Wine Tasting evening – for parents and carers hosted by Bacchanalia Wine Merchants
- A very popular Quiz night hosted by school staff and students.
- First Aid essentials evening – hosted by the Cherry Hinton Branch of the St Johns Ambulance.
- International Food Evening – food and countries represented included Afghanistan, Hungary, India, Greece, Japan, Italy, France and Poland… and several more.
- Chocolate Bingo – a fabulous, fun bingo evening
- Adolescent Mental Health Information Evening – hosted by the Cambridge City Early Help team.
Examples of activities involving PAFN linked to supporting school development
- Organising a cheap and pre-used uniform pop-up shop
- Financing Prizes for the rewards initiatives in school –
- Annual school surveys follow up – hosting workshops with parents looking at areas suggested in the responses such as communication, behaviour and homework.
- Representation at Open Evenings for Netherhall and The Oakes
- Volunteer workforce for the Covid-19 testing
If you want to know about more about PAFN and join our mailing list please contact us on email@example.com
|Chair||Lyn Eryl Jones|